Engineering Technician (Contract)
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to work in its Acton, ON facility.
Working directly with the Research & Development as well as other Lab Technicians, this role will help with product testing, process improvements, research and work on new products and other company projects.
This is a 6-month contract position with the potential for extension and is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to gain some entry level experience!
- Working in a blended environment, applied theory and laboratory setting, candidate must be creative and posses the ability to work with hand tools and test equipment.
- Assist in the development of new products and processes.
- Aid in new product prototype manufacturing.
- Help develop and fabricate pilot scale machines.
- Assume duties in validation of new products.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing / Chemical Engineering.
- Help define product performance and specifications.
- Clear understanding of engineering principles with the emphasis on process control and manufacturing economics.
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Safety, Customer Service, Quality and Environmental programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with manufacturing and engineering principles, tools & theory.
- Clear understanding and experience in handling workshop tools and machinery.
- Previous experience in fabrication will be considered an asset.
- Sound analytical skills, good knowledge in MS office (Excel) and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and gather information, materials and authorizations necessary to complete the task.
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by “Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”. Come join our team!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of “Engineering Technician.”
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Apply For This Position
Please send your resume or cv in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Human Resources Manager
Superior Glove Works Ltd.
Thanks again for your interest in Superior Glove!
Please note, only those candidates of interest will be contacted.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
View our Accessible Customer Service Plan.