Industrial Electronics Technician
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking an Industrial Electronics Technician to work in its Point Leamington, Newfoundland facility.
The Industrial Electronics Technician will be responsible for providing overall electrical support to the manufacturing facility, in conjunction with plant management and key functional leaders. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical equipment and instrumentation, as well as computerized systems related to production machinery and systems. Must be able to perform work to CSA, ESA, and ISO standards.
- Investigates complaints, conducts tests, and resolves problems
- Keeps equipment running by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventative maintenance
- Works and communicates with manufacturers for support, training, and repairs
- Capable of using electrical testing equipment to diagnose problems
- Supplies training on equipment and coaching when necessary
- Understands and practices proactive maintenance, and contributes to correcting problems before they become downtime issues
- Ensures issues, follow-up actions, and/or resolutions are clearly communicated to peers, vendors, customers, and leaders
- Documents repairs and services in logs and records
- Assists with mechanical repairs as needed
- Prepares and updates standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard documents
- Maintains a clean and tidy work environment
- Follows and complies with all operational procedures/policies, as stated in the employee handbook, safety, quality, and environmental programs
- Electronics tech diploma/certificate or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 years electrical working experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Task-orientated individual who can perform their own work as well as help others when directed to do so
- Must be safety conscious and practice safe work procedures
- Familiarity with PLC brands (such as Siemens, Omron, Allen-Bradley, etc.) would also be considered an asset
- Team player
- Strong analytical troubleshooting abilities and organizational skills
- Shows attention to detail and quality of workmanship
- Strong communication skills are essential to be able to work with all departments and outside contacts
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Flexible to work extended shift hours when business requires
- Ability to travel out of country for training (have a passport or willing to obtain one), if required
We are a family-owned and operated company meeting international standards by “Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation.”
External candidates: please send your resume and cover letter to recruitingNL@superiorglove.com with the subject line “Industrial Electronics Technician”
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Apply For This Position
Please send your resume or CV in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Human Resources Manager
Superior Glove Works Ltd.
Thanks again for your interest in Superior Glove!
Superior Glove is committed to a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment with equal opportunity. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
View our Accessible Customer Service Plan.