Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician to work in its Point Leamington, Newfoundland facility. This is a great opportunity for a recent grad or entry level manufacturing engineer to take their career to the next level.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering, utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per Superior Glove Works
- Manufacturing Engineering diploma/certificate or equivalent experience required
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing setting preferred
- Task orientated individual who can perform own work and help others when directed to do so
- Must be safety conscious and practice safe work procedures
- Team player
- Possess strong analytical troubleshooting abilities and organizational skills
- Shows attention to detail and quality of workmanship
- Strong communication skills are essential to be able to work with all departments and outside contacts
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Must have strong mechanical and machine shop skills
- Flexible to work extended shift hours when business requires
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by “Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”. Come join our team!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Manufacturing Engineering Technician”
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Apply For This Position
Please send your resume or cv in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Human Resources Manager
Superior Glove Works Ltd.
Thanks again for your interest in Superior Glove!
Please note, only those candidates of interest will be contacted.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
View our Accessible Customer Service Plan.