Glove Knitting Machine Mechanic
As part of a team of machine mechanics, this position is responsible for the maintenance of the glove knitting machines which includes general repairs, preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and innovation. Requirements will include completion of designated training while working to gain knowledge at each job level. Duties include but are not limited to the following and progressively reflect the increasing responsibilities of each job level:
Point Leamington, NL
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble knitting machine accurately within a specific time frame
- Repair / replace parts of a machine accurately within a specific time frame
- Continue with and improve upon level 1
- Work inside machine main body preforming various task within a specific time frame
- Troubleshooting – Diagnosing various problems in a glove. Determining and achieving correct repair within a specific time frame
- Continue with and improve upon levels 1 and 2
- Understand how knitting machine computer works
- Change stitch patterns on needle drums
- Learn yarn history, both synthetic and natural. Learn about engineered yarns, how is made and the effects each component has in our products.
- Understand basic electronics – successful completion of a 6 months online basic electronics course
- Strip and rebuild a whole machine, including electronics, in a specific time frame
- Inventing changes for new products (customization) i.e. shorter crotch height, THT (True Hand Technology)
- Continuous improvement of product design, machine optimization, preventative maintenance and process improvements
- Mechanical aptitude is demanded from this role with previous mechanical experience a strong asset
- Strong communication skills are essential to be able to work with all departments and outside contacts
- Math skills required– testing is part of the recruitment process
- Attributes critical to success in the role: dexterity and fine motor skills along with the ability to see detailed close up work
- Capable of managing competing demands of multiple breakdowns and preventative maintenance
- Skilled in problem solving and trouble shooting
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Flexible to work any shift: nights, afternoons or days as required.
- Ability to work safely in following all procedures
- Ability to travel out of country for training (have a passport or willing to obtain one), if required
- Completion of an online 6 month basic electronics course is required to complete Level 4 of this position. The company will pay for the cost of the course and compensation will be after successful completion of each module.
- The successful candidate will be committed to learning, innovation and success
Apply For This Position
Please send your resume or cv in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Superior Glove Works Ltd.
Thanks again for your interest in Superior Glove!
Please note, only those candidates of interest will be contacted.