Boy, is it ever getting toasty out there!
As Canadians who are used to dealing with extreme weather conditions, we can’t say that we’re complaining — we’ll take humidity and heat over the extreme cold almost any day.
However, we can understand why, when you’re working outdoors during the summertime or sweating it out in a hot factory, wearing PPE that won’t make you feel even hotter in the workplace is of the utmost importance. However, just because the sun’s out, that doesn’t mean that the quality of your arm protection should suffer!
Here are the 3 cut resistant work sleeves we’d recommend wearing in summer work conditions:
1. KBKB1T: Contender™ Flame-Retardant Sleeves with STAYz-UP™ Armbands and Thumbhole
As we mentioned in one of our other recent blog posts, one of the interesting things that you may not have known about Kevlar® is that it’s extremely lightweight. In fact, many people prefer wearing it over other materials because of the lack of discomfort they experience that can cause discomfort while they’re on the job. That’s why, this summer season, we’re recommending that you check out our award-winning KBKB1T cut resistant work sleeves.
Here are some of their many other benefits:
- Excellent ANSI level A4 cut protection
- Flame-retardant and abrasion-resistant
- STAYz-UP™ armbands to keep sleeves in place
- Fully washable
- Available in different lengths as well as with or without the thumbhole
2. SLSCX19TMC: Superior® Cut-Resistant 7-Gauge Knit Sleeves made with Stainless Steel and Dyneema®
If you’re even a little bit familiar with Dyneema®, you’re probably already aware of the fact that this outstanding material is known for feeling cool against the skin, as well as for it’s moisture-wicking properties. Translation? Gloves and sleeves made with Dyneema® are an excellent choice for hot summer work conditions!
Some of the other advantages of our SLSCX19TMC sleeves include:
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- ANSI level A4 cut protection
- Snug knit wrists feature built-in thumbholes
- Metal clips hold sleeves in place
And last, but certainly not least…
3. KTA: TenActiv™ Stay-Cool Cut-Resistant Sleeves
With the words “Stay Cool” right in the name, how could we not include these sleeves on our list? These cut resistant sleeves are crafted with TenActiv™ yarn — a high performance filament fiber that’s lint-free and five times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis. And guess what? TenActiv™ yarn has a naturally cool feel, meaning that when you wear these sleeves on the job, you can rest assured that you won’t overheat.
Here are some of the other advantages to wearing them:
- ANSI level A2 cut protection
- Featuring STAYz-UP™ technology to keep sleeves in place
- Available in several different lengths and various colours (blue, grey, black and white)
- Available with or without the thumbhole
Think these sleeves might be what you’ve been missing all along? Don’t sacrifice safety in an attempt to stay cooler in the workplace this summer: request your free sample pair now so that you can take these babies for a test drive.
Not what you had in mind? Have a peek at our Sleeve Guide instead.
Need some help choosing the right cut-resistant sleeve for your industry? Check this out.