Happy new year, bonne année, feliz año nuevo, buon anno, 新年快乐, szczęśliwego nowego roku.
The New Year is always a prime opportunity to take a step back and review what goals have been accomplished, and also what goals are still in progress. One of the biggest milestones for Superior Glove happened early in 2013, when we were named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. That achievement reinforced that our goals are properly aligned with what our customers want and what the industry needs. This only propelled us forward.
To that end, our goal for 2014 is the same as it was in 2013, and as it will remain for as long as we are in business: to improve hand protection for workers.
Here is a look at some of the highlights for 2013:
• Improved back-of-hand protection:
We’ve been able to further improve the protection of some of our gloves by adding impact protection to a few of our most popular cut-resistant gloves: SKFGFNVB and SKBFNTVB.
(You talk, we listen!)
• Improved dexterity options:
We are the world’s first manufacturer of 18-gauge CE Level-5 cut-resistant gloves (S18KGFN). That’s a level of dexterity that’s never been felt before in this type of glove.
• Democratized cut protection:
By developing the popular TenActiv™ series, we have broadened the scope for this segment of the market — high-quality cut-resistant gloves at a price point that makes them accessible to a broader audience.
• GOAL: To give workers gloves that fit better, feel better, and offer cut protection.
• PLAN: To expand and improve our 18-gauge lineup (*ANSI cut-level 4 is coming soon!), creating gloves that are thinner and more dexterous, yet improving their cut, abrasion, puncture and thermal properties at the same time.
• GOAL: To increase the amount of Canadian-made products.
• PLAN: Continue expanding Canadian dipping, knitting and sleeve production. (Did you know we now have almost 100 employees in our Newfoundland factory? This is where the majority of production work happens.)
• GOAL: To help others achieve workplace safety.
• PLAN: Through our Advocate Program – a systematic analysis of your workplace hand protection – we can determine concrete action for reduction of injuries and costs.
• GOAL: To improve Superior’s winter glove lineup.
• PLAN: Concentrating some of our R&D resources and design efforts on improving design, warmth and functionality. (*Stay tuned for industry-leading ways to rank and quantify the thermal protection of all our glove styles in an easy-to-understand way). Do we want to share that we’re doing this?
We would also like to thank all of our loyal customers, distributors, friends and associates. Cheers to a great 2014!